Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another Thought

Here's another thought I want to record, brought to the surface by buying a bonanza of used weaving books today:
  • Sift through the weaving books and magazines I have, and select a few drafts/projects/inspirations that I'd like to follow up.  I often re-read all of my old Handwoven magazines every winter, so this would be way to choose the patterns I like and then prioritize among them to choose the three most appealing ones to try in January, February, and March.  Then I'd repeat the exercise for the next three months.  I'm thinking I could use the printed pattern as something to sample and then to build on.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a worthwhile exercise as part of "homework" to get ready for 2013. Similar to my "white hot enthusiasm" for getting the gamp done. I knew I'd have need of it at some point next year - and so having it done and ready before I got serious in January seemed like a good idea.

    And that reminds me. I really need to do another color gamp. And soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have one more scarf and one or two table runners to finish before 2013, so they are my homework between now and then. However, I do have to stop weaving at some point each evening; then I could curl up in bed with weaving books and magazines and pads of paper and different colors of sticky notes and red/purple/black pens and gold stars and red stars and...

    Oh, never mind, I'm being silly tonight. Doing some reading and daydreaming before the new year is definitely something I can fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only two table runners and one scarf? Heh, no problem.

    I do need to do at least four dishtowels, but I really should do eight because they can go on the pile for next year. And that means I really should do something about that this week because the next two weekends are *gone*.

    ReplyDelete