Monday, May 21, 2012

OK, You Two, Cough It Up

I know you're out there and I know you're weaving, because you're dropping tantalizing hints on FOAY.  So, please post here, in more detail than on FOAY, because all this inkle/card/tablet/backstrap weaving is fascinating to me.

In the meantime, I shall be twisting the fringe on that gradient scarf.  And trying to enjoy the process, so I don't fall asleep doing it.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about posting. I'll see about doing something with the card weaving and I've also fired up the Navajo loom. Supplies for my Archie Brennan loom are to be retrieved today and Chris is going to put it together so that it can go along this weekend. And hey - how about the loom *you* are building? What about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought all the stuff for the pipe loom and I'm hoping to have time this weekend to put it together. And I just planned out a sample double-binding warp with a couple of Noro yarns as the weft; I may get a chance to wind that warp this weekend, too. If the fabric works, I'll make a bag out of it.

      However, Saturday I go to the Mass Sheep & Woolcraft Fair, Sunday or Monday I go rare-plant hunting with friends, and I'm trying hard to get the perennial garden renovated (beebalm took it over. So, pray for rain, so I have to stay inside.

      Delete